Call our Service Centre
1800 948 254
Did you find this article useful?


How can we improve this article?

[contact-form-7 id="19018" title="help centre feedback form"]
Thanks for your feedback!

I’m booking my holiday separately, how do I protect myself financially if the airline, tour operator, travel agent goes bust?

If you book your flights, accommodation and other services, such as car hire, separately you cannot rely on the ATOL and ABTA schemes. For example, if a travel agent sells you flights from one company and accommodation from another and then goes into receivership, its ATOL bond will only cover the cost of your flights.

If you make individual arrangements, it is crucial to take out a comprehensive travel insurance policy, which includes End Supplier Failure or scheduled airline failure.